Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of our team. Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children thrives because of teamwork. To meet our goal we must come together as competent professionals and create a loving environment.
View our current job openings below. Please check back to this page regularly as our listings may change.
Job Title: Prevention Educator
Department/Group: Prevention & Education
Job Category: Prevention & Education
Travel Required: Yes
Position Type: Fulltime (35.5 hrs/week)
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
Cover letter & resume accepted by:
HR Contact - Barbara Wright, Executive Director
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: Barbara Wright, Executive Director
Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children
3312 Hillcrest Drive
Waco, TX 76708
Job Purpose: The Educator will work within area schools and other organizations to facilitate sexual violence primary prevention programming in groups, classes, and presentations. The educator must be comfortable presenting the programs to highly diverse youth and adults in a variety of settings and in working as a team member.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide weekly activity-based education and prevention programs in schools and other youth-based organizations.
- Prepare and plan relevant programming and presentations using primary prevention best practices along with team and individual research.
- Administer evaluations and assess outcome data.
- Assist in the planning of three annual conferences for area youth.
- Attend staff and department meetings.
- Abide by mandatory reporting laws and provide appropriate referral for any outcry.
Skills / Qualifications:
Training, experience, and education must support the position.